Ever wanted to get in the paid search game, but not sure where to start? Fear no more. Here is your guide to PPC success.
First, why should you care about paid search? Paid search allows you to:
• Gain top positioning in search results for relevant keywords – less competition than organic
• Use hard metrics for determining ROI – you can see the results of exactly what you spend
• Adjust what you spend (no minimum requirements!) on a daily basis
• Pause campaigns when it is no longer convenient
• Geo-target specific areas by searchers’ zip codes
When paired with organic search marketing, it can supplement areas where your business struggles to compete and create an integrating marketing campaign.
For example, if you are a new business and are just getting into the fashion space, ranking for terms like “swimsuits” and “buy a bikini” is going to be extremely competitive. Rather than let these other established businesses dominate the SERPs, you can use paid search to get visibility. While it won’t be the middle section of search results, you will appear at the top and right sidebar.
So how do you go about getting this visibility? Below you will find an interactive step-by-step guide to AdWords. It takes you through each phase, from setting up your account to growing a successful paid search presence. For each phase you will find resources for further reading from some of the leaders in the PPC space.
With this as your guide, you can finally step into the paid search game and grow your online business.
Click image to open interactive version (via Simply Business).
Latest posts by Adria Saracino (see all)
- Filing Your Businesses’ Taxes Solo This Year? Read This First! - January 17, 2013
- 5 Unexpected Roadblocks to Avoid During Business Travel - January 9, 2013
- Your Step-by-Step Guide to Google AdWords - October 17, 2012
- Improving Productivity – Getting a Handle on Meetings - September 18, 2012
- Using International Inefficiences to Easily Grow your Small Business - August 26, 2012